the boxster blog with a different spin

Thursday, January 25, 2007

NOT CRUSIN' IN MY BOXSTER (SOB)

Not Crusin' in my Boxster (sob)
by pam ashlund


Had to leave the baby in the body shop. Thank god for insurance, so the work was covered and...so was the rental car. The insurance agent called me up and said "I don't know if we're going to be able to get you a Porsche." It had never occured to me that they might actually try to give me an "equal or better" car rental. "Oh don't worry, any car will be fine" I heard myself saying.

And so it was.

I took my drive from Los Angeles to Harbin Hot Springs in a PT Cruiser. The last time I came up was in the Boxster. Thus the drive was, shall we say, much lamer! Instead of pleasure the curves gave me a headache. The less than lusterous drive aside, I arrived to Harbin on Monday afternoon, with an hour to spare before my Watsu appointment.

I checked in at the front desk, with a nice woman called Aqueous. She read me my room info, and then looked up and asked "Do you still have your Porsche?" Her question stunned me for a second. It rang out like an accusation. But before I could get out a "what the heck is it to you AquaVelva?", I saw that she was just reading from the computer screen and trying to save time on typing in the license plate. I guess, in the context of this beautiful serene hippy retreat, it could have been my guilty conscience." "No, I'm driving an ordinary American rental you moron" I thought, but smiled and said "No, not this time."

Om.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: