the boxster blog with a different spin

Thursday, March 09, 2006

REPAIR CONFIDENTIAL

Took the car to the local Porsche dealer today and asked if they could get the repair history from the Scottsdale dealer. Valentin, my trusty service representative told me that other dealers did not share maintenance records.

"But I don’t want the personal details of the owner, I want the history of the car, with this VIN number, the car that I own".

"I know, I know", Valentin explained, "but they just don’t give out that information".

"So, let me get this straight, I can get a birth certificate for my Cabbage Patch Doll or a lineage for my puppy dog, but I can’t get the repair and maintenance history of my own car?"

"Yes, that's right" Valentin opined with a straight face.

****

For more on the Porsche service experience see "Service with a Smile" in BrainTangents.


Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: